Imran and Rugboy chat with veteran animator and storyteller, Floyd Norman, the first African-American artist to be hired at Disney! Floyd shares stories about working with Walt Disney, his career, being an artist and making the documentary “Floyd Norman: An Animated Life” and much more!
Be a part of the show!
- Send us a message: speakpipe.com/jockandnerd
- Voicemail: (312) 248-4376 (312-248-HERO)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: @jockandnerdcast
- Facebook: facebook.com/jockandnerd
- Facebook Group: jockandnerd.com/community
- Share audio clips on Clammer: jockandnerd.com/clammrus
- Tip Jar: jockandnerd.com/patreon
- Subscribe to Jock and Nerd on YouTube!
- Merchandise: jockandnerd.com/shop
Rate and review us in iTunes! jockandnerd.com/review
- Show notes: jockandnerd.com/138
- Help spread the geekery with a Jock and Nerd merchandise!
- Support the show on Patreon for bonus content!
Links and other stuff we talked about
[00:06:21] Floyd Norman
Floyd E. Norman is an American animator who worked on the Walt Disney animated features Sleeping Beauty, The Sword in the Stone, and The Jungle Book, along with various animated short projects at Disney in the late ’50s and early ’60s. In 1956, he was the first African American animator at the Disney studios. At age 80, he still works as a storyboard artist, and is a freelance consultant for the Walt Disney Company.
- Floyd Norman IMDB
- Floyd Norman Blog
- Floyd Norman Twitter
- Floyd Norman Facebook
- Documentary Floyd Norman: An Animated Life
- Buy the Blu-Ray Disc with special features!
- FLOYD NORMAN: AN ANIMATED LIFE | Official Trailer
- Floyd Norman Movie Twitter
- Floyd Norman Movie Facebook
- Michael Fiore Films
- Jock and Nerd #54 with Director Erik Sharkey
[00:47:54] The promo we played
Check us out on Geek Life Radio, a 24/7 geek internet radio stream! Every Wednesday night at 9 p.m. CDT